So I'm working with a reader's workshop group today and suddenly realized that I was missing a student. I counted. Then I counted again. One missing. I wandered around the room. No response from students.
Well, all's well that ends well. No students were lost, other than being lost in a book. The "missing" student is the one furthest back, under the counter, behind the box and the book. After I found her and started breathing again, I heard her whisper, "Hey, Mr. W., this book is good."
Update: At the end of today's class period I shared the picture with the whole group. Another girl, not one of the pictured ones, said, "When did you take that picture?" I told her about ten minutes ago. "Today? Really? I didn't know you were taking pictures."
Apparently a few more were lost in their books!

No comments:
Post a Comment
Please leave a comment, question, or additional information for our Community Curriculum Website Team. Comments are moderated, so they may not appear immediately. Thanks for visiting our site!